HomeIndiaJharkhand govt's intention was to keep entire matter complicated:...

Jharkhand govt’s intention was to keep entire matter complicated: BJP on HC staying JPSC exam cancellation

New Delhi, Aug 21 (IANS) The BJP on Friday criticised the Jharkhand government after the High Court stayed the state government’s order cancelling the 11th to 13th Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) examinations and related appointments, alleging that the government’s intention from the beginning was to keep the entire matter complicated.

The Jharkhand High Court on Thursday stayed the state government’s order cancelling the appointments of government employees recruited through the 11th to 13th JPSC examinations.

The Jharkhand government had issued a notification on August 18 cancelling 22 recruitment examinations, including the 11th to 13th JPSC examinations, following weeks of public protests over alleged irregularities.

Speaking to IANS, BJP spokesperson Sandeep Verma said, “The government’s intention from the very beginning was to keep the entire matter complicated. If the government’s intention had been even a little clear, complaints regarding the investigation and alleged irregularities had been received for a long time, they should have got the matter investigated earlier, and we would not have had to face this situation.”

Bihar Minister Ashok Choudhary said, “This is a legal matter. What can we comment on a legal matter? Whether there is merit in the case or not, the High Court will examine the legal aspects on its own.”

BJP chief spokesperson Pratul Shah Deo said the power of students and youth should not be underestimated.

“Student and youth power is a very strong force; they are the fuel of the country. If you cheat or conspire against them, they come out onto the streets, and even the foundations of big governments and dictators can shake. This is what the government did. It took advantage of the innocence of the agitating students, issued an order and cancelled all the examinations. They knew that this would not stand in the High Court,” he said.

Congress leader Udit Raj said the matter was complicated and required careful consideration. “Let’s see what happens now. The matter involves both sides and is complicated. We also have to ensure that no one is subjected to injustice and that only those who have committed wrongdoing are targeted,” he said.

Congress media in-charge Rakesh Sinha said the court had given 15 days for further proceedings and that the issues raised by the court would be discussed point by point.

JMM spokesperson Manoj Pandey said people were free to protest in a democracy but should act with discretion. “The government did what it was supposed to do. It is not appropriate to comment in any way on an order of the court,” he said.

–IANS

jk/dpb