ShowBiz

Sohum Shah starts dubbing for ‘Sanaa’

Mumbai, Sep 30 (IANS) Actor and filmmaker Sohum Shah, who gained popularity with 'Gulaab Gang', 'Tumbbad' and 'Maharani', has started dubbing for National Award-winning filmmaker Sudhanshu Saria's 'Sanaa'.

The actor took to social media to announce that he has commenced dubbing for 'Sanaa' after wrapping up the film with co-stars Radhika Madan & Pooja Bhatt.

While talking about his experience of working on this film, Sohum said: "After a thrilling experience on set with the cast and crew of Sanaa, it's time to step into the final stage of film-making."

"'Sanaa' is one of those projects that hold a special place in my heart because of both the plot and my character. I cannot wait for my audience to experience the same adrenaline rush that I felt while shooting for this film."

Produced by Four Line Entertainment, directed and written by Sudhanshu Saria, 'Sanaa' stars Radhika Madan, Pooja Bhatt, Shikha Talsania and Sohum Shah.

Saria was announced as the director of high-octane female-led espionage, 'Ulajh', with Junglee Pictures. He is also writing, co-directing and show-running a young adult series for Amazon Prime, and he is co-producing and writing 'Delhi Crime Season 3' for Netflix.

--IANS
dc/svn/

Anupam Kher visits Sindhu’s house; gets bowled over by her trophies, medals

Hyderabad, Sep 30 (IANS) Veteran actor Anupam Kher recently paid a visit to ace badminton player PV Sindhu's house and was completely bowled over after looking at the huge number of trophies and medals won over the years by one of India's most successful sportswomen ever.

The 67-year-old actor shared a video of their meeting, giving fans a tour of her house, including her massive trophy collection.

Starting from the trophies that she won for the Under-16 tournaments and the Olympics, Sindhu gave an inside view of all her accomplishments and the pride that she brought to the country through the sport.

In the video posted by Kher on Instagram Reels featuring Sindhu's medals and trophies, he can be heard saying, "One and only champion, look at this wall, I used to be very proud that mere wall pe kaafi saare awards hai par ye toh kamaal hai, (that wall has loads of awards but this is amazing) oh my god."

"Yaha toh jagah hi nhi hai, bilkul jagah nhi hai (There is no space here)," he added.

The actor-author also said in the video that he had a conversation with Sindhu's father where he shared plans of taking over another floor as they are running short of a place for trophies and medals.

The versatile artist who felt 'privileged' to have visited the badminton player's house, wrote how he was mesmerised to see all the feathers that she has added to her embellished cap.

"This is AMAZING: Recently I had the privilege of visiting CHAMP @pvsindhu1's home. She very humbly gave me a tour of her achievements! Right from the age of 8! I was completely bowled by her awards, trophies & humility! She is our daughter of India, our honour. She is our motivating hero. Jai ho, Jai hind," Kher captioned the video.

On the other hand, Sindhu also shared a picture of their meeting on her social media account saying it was her 'honour' to meet the veteran actor.

"Had the fortune of spending time with one of the all-time greats of Indian cinema. The laughs, the memories and quality conversation. What an honour," she wrote.

The 27-year Sindhu, who is a two-time Olympic medallist having won a silver in women's singles at the 2016 Rio Olympics and bronze in Tokyo last year, is currently on the path to recovery after sustaining an ankle injury during the Commonwealth Games in Birmingham while Anupam Kher is currently riding on the success of his movie The Kashmir Files and Karthikeya 2.

--IANS

avn/bsk

No fights, all love, says Tajik singer as Salman welcomes him to ‘Bigg Boss 16’

Mumbai, Sep 27 (IANS) As Season 16 of 'Bigg Boss' nears its October 1 opening day, the show's superstar host Salman Khan has introduced Tajikistani singer and musician Abdu Rozik as the first contestant.

Abdu impressed Salman and the audience with his melodious rendition of 'Dil Deewana Bin Sajna Ke' from the star's 1989 romantic film 'Maine Pyar Kiya' opposite Bhagyashree.

Appreciating his talent, Salman said: "He cannot speak proper Hindi but can sing in the language so well."

He also asked Abdu how he felt about going inside the house and the singer replied: "I am very excited. I just love everyone and believe in spreading it. No fights, all love, and I request everyone to please support me."

Salman also recalled how he bonded so well with him during the IIFA event and became part of his film 'Kisi Ka Bhai Kisi Ki Jaan'.

Abdu Rozik was born in Tajikistan to a family of gardeners and is known for his Tajik rap song called 'Ohi Dili Zor'. He became popular with his music videos all over social media.

--IANS
ila/srb

Salman says he hasn’t got Rs 1,000 crore for ‘Bigg Boss 16’

Mumbai, Sep 27 (IANS) Salman Khan candidly answered questions about the many rumours that are circulating about him, starting with nixing the theory that he wasn]t going to host 'Bigg Boss 16' and that his fees have touched Rs 1,000 crore.

Speaking to journalists at the virtual media briefing, Salman said: "Well, I am often asked if I am doing the show or not, so I get irritated sometimes and tell these people that I don't want to do the show. But these people are helpless as they feel if not me, then who else. So, they have no choice." By 'they', the star obviously meant the producers of the show.

On the rumour that his fees added up to Rs 1,000 crore, he said: "I would never get this much and if in reality I get this amount, I don't think I'd be working. I have a lot of expenses like on lawyers and because of these rumours, income-tax people will start noticing me."

When asked why he has returned to the show as host, he said: "I learn a lot on this show and get to meet so many people, and whenever they go off track, I bring them back in the right direction. I protect the bullied and bully the ones who bully. In the four months when this show goes on, we bond like a family."

On whether he would like to invite a Bollywood couple on the show, Salman said: "No one. I don't think anyone can play the game inside. It's a different thing. I would not take the names but I would like to have a few contestants who would go inside single but come out from the house together."

Salman then talked about his mother's diminishing love for the show. He revealed: "She used to watch it religiously. Now, she also watches other shows. This might be because she feels that she has had too much of 'Bigg Boss'."

On being asked about a piece of advice given to him by his mother, he mentioned jokingly: "She tells me to go and teach them a lesson. That is why I get so charged up."

'Bigg Boss 16' is all set to start from October 1 at 9:30 p.m. on Colors.

--IANS
ila/srb

Malala launches film production career with three projects for Apple

Los Angeles, Sep 27 (IANS) Malala Yousafzai -- activist, Nobel Peace Prize winner, and self-confessed "Stranger Things" fan -- is in production on her first project for Apple, 'Variety' has revealed.

Her production company Extracurricular has partnered with the indie studio A24 for a still-untitled feature documentary on the legendary "haenyeo" society of fisherwomen, who live on South Korea's Jeju Island.

The Apple Original Films title is directed by Peabody Award nominee Sue Kim ("The Speed Cubers"), and is the first project to go into production from Extracurricular's partnership with Apple TV+, which was struck in March 2021, notes 'Variety'.

Malala unveiled her first slate of film and TV projects for Apple TV+ through Extracurricular on Monday.

Headlining the slate is the feature film adaptation of Elaine Hsieh Chou's acclaimed book "Disorientation", which was published earlier this year. A sharp-edged, celebrated satire, "Disorientation" is about a college student's revealing dissertation on a young poet.

The project will be produced by "Don't Look Up" helmer Adam McKay's Hyperobject Industries, with Stephanie Mercado and Todd Schulman overseeing. A director has not yet been attached.

Extracurricular is also working on a scripted series based on the New York Times best-selling debutante writer Asha Lemmie's coming-of-age novel "Fifty Words for Rain", about a woman's search for acceptance in post-World War II Japan.

The lead casting for both projects will introduce new talent, Extracurricular's head of production Erika Kennair told Variety. "Just by the nature of it, the lead of '50 Words for Rain' is a half-Black half-Japanese woman. And unless Naomi Osaka wants to start acting, we're going to have to discover that woman, which is really exciting."

Speaking to 'Variety', Malala said: "What I hope to bring to the table are the voices of women of colour, and debut writers and Muslim directors and writers. I hope we can have a wide range of perspectives and we challenge some of the stereotypes we hold in our societies."

She added: "I also hope that the content is entertaining, and that people fall in love with the characters and have the best time together."

--IANS
srb/

‘Don’t Worry Darling’ crew ‘screaming match’ between Florence, Olivia

Los Angeles, Sep 25 (IANS) The allegations of on-set tension of the recently released film 'Don't Worry Darling' have been refuted by 40 crew members and production team of the film, reports 'People' magazine.

The entertainment news website Vulture had reported on Friday that film star Florence Pugh and director/star Olivia Wilde got into a "screaming match" on the 'Don't Worry Darling' set, citing an unnamed insider who reportedly spent "significant time" behind the scenes of the film.

Claiming that a "blowout argument" took place between Wilde, 38, and Pugh, 26, in January 2021, the outlet reported that Pugh was allegedly upset with Wilde's "frequent, unexplained absences," stating that she and star Harry Styles, who are dating, "would just disappear".

Now, personnel who worked on the film have stated that any rumours of onset tensions "are completely false."

"As a crew, we've avoided addressing the absurd gossip surrounding the movie we're so proud of, but feel the need to correct the anonymous 'sources' quoted in a recent article," the statement given by the crew to People read. "Any allegations about unprofessional behaviour on the set of Don't Worry Darling are completely false."

Calling Wilde "an incredible leader and director who was present with and involved in every aspect of production," the behind-the-scenes workers said the star "ran this set with class and respect for everyone involved."

They also stated: "There was never a screaming match between our director and anyone, let alone a member of our cast," referencing Vulture's claims about an onset feud between Wilde and Pugh.

--IANS
aa/kvd

Khushali recalls mom’s struggles after ‘cassette king’ Gulshan Kumar’s death

Mumbai, Sep 25 (IANS) Actress Khushali Kumar mentioned how her mom struggled throughout her life and had to take over the whole family business after the demise of her father, Gulshan Kumar.

Khushali was amazed looking at the performance by 'DID Super Moms' contestant Versaha on the track 'Garmi' from the movie 'Street Dancer 3D' which was directed by Remo D'Souza and featured stars such as Varun Dhawan, Shraddha Kapoor, and Prabhu Deva along with Nora Fatehi.

She called her journey very inspiring and it reminded Khushali of her mother's contribution the children's upbringing.

She said: "Varsha, your journey has been truly inspirational and the way you started from YouTube videos and reached here, is truly commendable. I still remember, my mom was also a housewife, however, after my dad (Gulshan Kumar) passed away, she had to take on all the responsibilities of our business and the family."

The 'Highway Star' actress credited her mother for her and her brother's (Bhushan Kumar) success in the entertainment industry.

"Today, wherever my brother (Bhushan Kumar) and I have reached, it is all because of her honestly. I still remember, she came from a Hindi medium school, and she used to always be stressed about attending meetings. However, she did it anyway and I truly believe that she is also a Super Mom," she added.

The dance reality show, 'DID Super Moms', judged by Remo D'Souza, Bhagyashree Dassani, and Urmila Matondkar airs on Zee TV.

--IANS
ila/kvd

Navya Naveli gets candid with mom Shweta, grandma Jaya Bachchan

Mumbai, Sep 25 (IANS) Megastar Amitabh Bachchan's granddaughter Navya Naveli Nanda along with her mother Shweta Bachchan Nanda and grandmother Jaya Bachchan are seen having some interesting conversations over topics like financial freedom, career, relationship, and parenting on Navya's new podcast 'What the Hell Navya'.

Navya said: "I've always had my own opinions and my family had to deal with it," said podcast host Navya, adding that "My Mom and Nani are people who speak their minds with no filter, and I just took after them. On my first podcast, I want others to have a window into our world while we argue over serious and not-so-serious topics."

24-year-old entrepreneur, Navya asserted that she is surrounded by women, who have seen a lot in life, and thus they often end up correcting her on many matters but this is something that can be seen in many families where elders keep checking the youngsters.

I get bashed a lot on this podcast. "But hey, I live with women who have been through a lot and have experienced a magnitude of things. So it's only natural for them to correct me. That's how families help you grow."

Shweta added: "There is a perception that women are shy. Society tells us to be agreeable and mellow. But we really aren't, and definitely not Navya. This podcast has given us an opportunity to proudly tell the world what we think, what we like, and more importantly what we don't like."

Jaya mentioned that she came to know a lot about her daughter and granddaughter through the podcast and she is happy with the way Navya is hosting it.

"I have learned a lot about my daughter and granddaughter while doing this. It was like a family therapy session, except that everyone will be listening in. The podcast actually created a safe space and I'm proud of how Navya has been able to navigate it as a host."

The 10-episode audio series is dropped on IVM Podcasts and it is also available on other audio streaming platforms.

--IANS
ila/kvd

Kalari empowers physically as well as mentally, says Kajal Aggarwal

Chennai, Sep 25 (IANS) Kajal Aggarwal, who has disclosed that she has been learning Kalaripayattu for over three years now, said that the ancient martial art is "a beautiful practice that empowers the seeker physically as well as mentally."

Taking to Instagram to post a video of her during a Kalari session, Kajal wrote: "Kalaripayattu is an ancient Indian martial art, that translates into 'practice in the arts of the battlefield'."

"The magic of this art form evolved into the birth of Shaolin, Kung Fu and consequently Karate and Taekwondo, amongst others. Kalari was typically used for guerilla warfare and is a beautiful practice that empowers the seeker physically as well as mentally.

"Grateful to have been learning this intermittently (but wholeheartedly) over three years! CVN Kalari (Her Kalari school) have been fabulous and so patient, guiding me as per my ability to learn and perform at different degrees over time. Thank you for being such wonderful masters."

Interestingly, the actress, who delivered a baby just four months ago, has also been taking horse riding lessons apart from practising Kalari. What's more, she is back shooting for director Shankar's much awaited 'Indian 2', featuring Kamal Haasan in the lead.

--IANS
mani/kvd

Sree Vishnu’s next film, a fun-filled family entertainer, goes on floors

Chennai, Sep 25 (IANS) Versatile Telugu actor Sree Vishnu's next film, which is being directed by Ram Abbaraju, who proved his mettle with the hilarious family entertainer 'Vivaha Bhojanambu', officially went on floors on Sunday with a grand pooja ceremony.

Billed to be a complete fun-filled family entertainer, the story for the untitled movie is by Bhanu Bogavarapu while its dialogues are by Nandu Savirigana.

The launching ceremony was attended by a host of celebrities including Anil Sunkara, V.I. Anand, Nara Rohit, Vijay Kanakamedala and A.R. Mohan.

Nara Rohit sounded the clapboard for the muhurtham shot. Sources say the film's regular shoot will commence soon.

Gopi Sundar is to score the music of this film,which will have cinematography by Raam Reddy. Chota K. Prasad is the editor and Brahma Kadali is the art director.

The yet-to-be-titled film is being produced by Hasya Movies in association with A.K. Entertainments and will be presented by Anil Sunkara.

This is the third film that Hasya Movies is producing. The film is in the process of producing two other films -- 'Itlu Maredumilli Prajaneekam' with Allari Naresh and 'Ooru Peru Bhairavakona' with Sundeep Kishen. While 'Itlu Maredumilli Prajaneekam' is getting ready for release, 'Ooru Peru Bhairavakona' is in the production stage.

--IANS
mani/kvd